- CT Site Wanganui relocation to Gilberd StreetRead More
- New rolling stock order confirmedRead More
- Cat-in-the–box Chiefie reunited with familyRead More
- Palmerston North train unlocks possibility for ‘super’ freight service to ChristchurchRead More
- New Rolling Stock proves its worthRead More
- Longer log trains running on key forestry routeRead More
- New lease on life for popular wagon classRead More
- One freight train can take up to 100 trucks off the roadRead More
- Rail Ferry DrydockRead More
- Youngest train driver takes first soloRead More
- KiwiRail wins business from courier companyRead More
- Further investment in rail line between Hamilton and TaurangaRead More
- KiwiRail to begin new log service to Wellington from WairarapaRead More
- Freight growth continues but decrease in full year results forecastRead More
- Take care at level crossings along busy train lineRead More
- Dispatch - Freight Newsletter December 2011Read More
- KiwiRail continues to build a stronger foundation for the futureRead More
- KiwiRail sees strong growth at Southdown Freight TerminalRead More
- Getting closer to customersRead More
- Log carrying capacityRead More
- Order placed for more new locomotivesRead More
Rail Ferry Drydock
From 29 July to 27 August, we will have only one rail ferry in operation due to annual maintenance.
The Arahura will be heading to Auckland for a three-week drydock with the Aratere will coming out of service for a week once the Arahura returns.
During this time, we will be operating the remaining rail ship on the Aratere schedule and we will also be operating a road bridge operation for intermodal cargo via the Kaitaki.
This will mean some changes to freight movements over the period however the road bridge operation will reduce the impact.
If you have any queries about how your freight may be affected during the period, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team on 0800 351 351.