If you are booking a car carrier unit that will be carrying any electric or alternative fueled vehicle, including hybrids, please be aware that:
- You need to book either Kaitaki or Kaiarahi
- We cannot accept electric vehicles or alternative fueled vehicles if they have been damaged or modified.
- Any electric vehicles should not have been fully charged within 12 hours of been loaded onto transporter.
- Battery charge level should be less than 30% once loaded on car transporter – charge level ideally to be written on window.
- You will need to submit a dangerous goods declaration for any electric cars onboard.
- Hydrogen powered vehicles are restricted to uncovered areas of weather decks of vessels – When making a booking please request as a ‘’TOP DECK’’ stowage.
Dangerous Goods Information for Electric Vehicles
(this is for vehicles on a car carrier truck only and not personal vehicle driven on)
Electric vehicle on truck will be treated as dangerous goods class 9 Miscellaneous Goods, information we require is stated below for our declaration manifest:
- Un Number: UN3171 – Battery powered vehicle.
- Unit of volume: Is not needed enter as 001.
- KG: 1200kg roughly per vehicle
- Additional Information: Enter battery level of vehicle, confirm its less than 30%
- Truck Layout: Electric vehicles on truck to be shown on diagram, with the tops half being top ramp and bottom half lower ramp. If you have a flat deck truck, please use the single unit document on our dangerous goods information.
- Placards on Truck: We will require class 9 placards be displayed on the front and rear of the truck while travelling with Interislander.